SEA&SEA Announces Next Generation MDX Series DSLR Housings
Aptly named MDX for Machined Digital, these housings are precisely crafted from solid block aluminum and designed for ultimate performance and ergonomics. Purpose built for the latest Nikon D300, D3 and Canon’s EOS 40D and 1D/1Ds Mark III cameras, these housings are fast-becoming a necessity in every underwater photographer’s stable.
MDX Housing Features Include:
● Every detail of the housing is precision CNC machined. Ergonomically designed for ease of use. Manufactured from solid block aluminum alloy with all edges carefully polished.
● The housing is protected by a highly corrosion resistant anodized (black) coating. The coating provides the housing from environmental corrosion and abrasions.
● TTL strobe photography is possible when used with product 50112 TTL Converter lll for Nikon or 50114 TTL Converter III for Canon or product 50115 TTL Converter 250 for Nikon or 50116 TTL Converter 250 for Canon (optional).
● Large A/R (anti-reflective) coated LCD rear display window for full viewing of camera display.
● Equipped with a 0.66x pick-up viewfinder standard. An interchangeable .8x viewfinder (optional) is also available.
● Both the main command dial and sub command dial are operable while holding the hand grips due to advanced ergonomic design.
● Most camera functions are accessible and can be operated underwater with ease.
● Comes complete with camera quick shoe which makes camera installation and removal easy.
● Two Nikonos type (5-pin for Nikon, 6-pin for Canon) connectors come standard with the housing. (2-pin wired for dedicated TTL and 5 or 6-pin wired for manual)
● Dual locking latches to prevent accidental release of housing back.
● Built-in Leak sensor alerts user if moisture or water-intrusion is detected.
● Construction: Body: Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)/anodized body, grip: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (die-cast)
● Depth rating: 200ft/60m
● MDX-D300 for Nikon D300: Part #SS-06134, MSRP: $2,995.00
● MDX-40D for Canon EOS 40D: part #SS-06133, MSRP: $2,995.00
● MDX-PRO MARK III for Canon EOS 1D/1Ds MK III, MSRP: $4,650.00
● MDX-D3 for Nikon D3, MSRP: $4,650.00
ABOUT SEA&SEA: Founded in 1972, Sea&Sea is the leader in underwater imaging technology. The company offers a complete line of digital imaging products ranging from compact point and shoot cameras to professional housings, strobes, and accessories. Sea&Sea products are distributed in the