Monday 20 October 2008

Fiji and the Bula Bowls

Some concepts just elude me. Like the International Date Line. Sure, I can grasp its significance at some levels but still cant quite wrap my brain around it completely. If you look at a map, one thing is clear: the people who decided where the IDL should go wanted to give the island nation of Fiji a break. If not for a deliberate shift to the east and back again, parts of Fiji would be in the future while other parts would be in the past. Which still just blows my circuitry.

On June 27, with this conundrum weighing on my mind, I boarded a 56-minute flight from Jacksonville to Atlanta, the first leg on a 20,000-mile journey to Fiji and back...

Whole article here at ScubaDiving.com:

Fiji and the Bula Bowls

http://www.scubadiving.com/tr_artmarticle.aspx?p_PageAlias=Article&p_ArticleID=8561

No comments: